Thursday, October 16, 2008

Make New Friends But Keep the Old

Let me start this off by saying that I have met some great people since moving here to Terre Haute . Though every once in awhile (okay, I'll be honest, it's more like daily) I yearn to talk to my old friends that I either left behind in Utah or knew from some other place in life. Tonight I had the chance to talk to a great friend who when I got off the phone with her, I found myself with tears in my eyes wishing there wasn't 1400+ miles difference between us. This friend is the type friend that by her mere presence around you somehow makes you a better person. I consider myself lucky....these types of friends are rare and precious and I have a few in my life. How blessed am I! I I think at times in my life I took for granted my great friendships. Now, for those of you who have heard me complain about moving (just typing that makes me cringe!) know that I would rather have a root canal performed than move, but when I think about this last move I have realized that I have learned some valuable lessons from moving...one of such is you make new friends, but you ALWAYS keep the old ones! I can remember my mom telling me this as a kid when we would move towns, and I don't think I realized then how true that statement is! There is just something about that old friend........

OLD FRIENDS ARE LIKE:
*Old friends are like that favorite song that you know every word to and everytime it comes on the radio you get a smile on your face and you start singing and it somehow enegizes you!
*Old friends are like that favorite sweatshirt-everytime you pull it on...the comfort and warmth is there.
*Old friends are like your pillow, you can lay head on it and rest your eyes and your body istantly relaxes.
*Old friends are like your journal...they know the thoughts of your heart.

So life may get busy, overwhelming at times, and location of residence may change, which might bring along some new friends, but I have never nor will I ever forget my old friends. It is you my old friends who have helped me be in some way who I am today. " It has been said that some people come and go out of our lives, but some leave foot prints on our hearts and we will never be the same!" Thank you my old friends for all of the foot prints that you have left and continue to leave on my heart.

No comments: