Thursday, September 18, 2008

School Happenings

Well I have been feeling a little left out. It seems that Lauren is the only one who has been updating our blog, so I thought that I would do a little of it. Last week a professor from the University of California Davis came to ISU to talk about his research. It was a great opportunity for me because I would like to work with him for my PhD. Dr. Emmons is his name and he does a lot of gratitude research, and also some research on religious and spiritual goals. I got to have a meeting with him and discuss my research and he gave me some suggestions. Hopefully this will work to my favor and help us get to a better place when the time comes for us to move.

I have been teaching a class, Research Methods in Psychology. I love teaching the class and getting to talk about research the whole time. It is hard because there are 80 people in the class. I am having to get used to not everyone liking research and students just not liking me.

I am getting ready to defend my thesis proposal here in the next little while. Hopefully I will be able to get my data collected this semester, so I can focus next semester on writing.

I guess the main thing to say is I am staying busy and enjoying school.

1 comment:

eyre blog said...

alright time for a new post!! We do need to catch up!