Friday, February 8, 2008

St.Louis-"The Gateway to the West'

A couple of weeks ago, Robert and I and another recently married couple in our ward drove to St.Louis to go to the Temple and to do some sight seeing. We are in a really great location by living in Terre Haute. We are only 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis and we are just under 3 hours from Chicago. St. Louis isn't technically our Temple district but more often than not our ward goes to the St.Louis Temple instead of the Louisville, Ky Temple like we're suppose to. St. Louis is actually easier for us to get to and is a bigger Temple which offers more sessions and has a Distribution Center with a waiting room, so for families it makes it alot nicer. Dan and Elona, the other couple we went with got married in october, so it was alot of fun to hang out with "newlyweds" just like ourselves. We had a great time going to the Temple ( which we now realize how lucky we were to live 3 blocks from a Temple in Utah...those of you who live that close...take advantage of it!) , and sight seeing around the city of St.Louis. The last time I was in St. Louis was as a kid and hardly remember going up the Arch when my parents took us, so it was great to experience it again and to do so with my husband! If you are ever in that area it is worth the money and wait to see the view from the top of the Arch. We want to try and get in as much sight seeing in this neck of the woods before Careers and Ph.D. programs take us else where. We are going to Bloomington next week for Stake conference so I'll post pictures from that weekend getaway. Bloomington is a great little city and is home to Indiana University-Go Hoosiers!!!






Here is Robert inside the little car "thing" that takes you up to the top of the Arch .




Robert and I scrunched inside the car "thingy" on our way up to the top.

5 comments:

becca said...

University of Indiana-Bloomington is where my mom got her Master's degree and I've always heard wonderful things of it. It's so nice to see you update your blog! I've been waiting!

Robert and Lauren Carlisle said...

Hey Becca,

I figured you had been waiting for me to update my blog...sorry for the long wait...I'll be better in the future! I love reading your blog by the way...Sam is absolutely adorable! And Bloomington is a great city...you should visit sometime!

Heidi said...

Lauren...I sent you another invite...but just to check...your email address is still the same? (the one through the school)

Robert and Lauren Carlisle said...

Heidi,
Thanks for sending me another invite, but my school email no longer is activated. I have a new address...carlisle1219@gmail.com-sorry for the miscommunication.

Heidi said...

Lauren...I miss hearing from you...how are things going??? I hope you're happy as ever...and...would love to have an update on your life. Are you liking your job? How's your ward?...do you like your neighbors...and have you had fun decoration your new home (I'm sure you have...memories!)???