Monday, October 13, 2008

More Updates

So life is plugging along. Lauren and I are both overwhelmed at times. I am still working on my thesis, I am going to defend it at the end of the month. I am also working on applications, which involves studying for the GRE. I am also working on another research project, which is slowly moving along. Teaching takes up a lot of time too, preparing lectures is what takes most of the time. I am also taking two classes, which I ignore most of the time.
Lauren on the other hand is working hard at her job which keeps her super busy. She gets to clean up messes that other people make. She is also working hard preparing a young women's conference, it is something that our stake does. She has some really great plans for it. They are doing this really cool service project where they are making receiving blankets for the maternal health clinic here in Terre Haute. They are going to be given to mothers with some information from LDS family services on adoption. It is such a needed thing in this area. The youth talk in church about friends that they have who are pregnant. We heard a story of a 12 year old who is a friend of one of the young women in our ward who is pregnant.
So busy is the story of our lives right now. We are getting excited to find out where we are going for my PhD and hopefully for Lauren's MPA. Keep watching and we will give you updates on that.

No comments: